If your carpet is in need of repair after a burn or anything similar, you can fix it yourself. Follow these basic steps for repairing your quality carpet:
- For small surface burns, carefully cut off the burn area, leaving as much of the carpet fibers intact as you can.
- Find a scrap piece of the carpet or a hidden section that is not visible and use that to repair the burn area.
- Take the section of carpeting and cut the top of the fibers off so you have loose fibers to work with. Take them over to the cut area.
- Put a very thin layer of either hot glue or special carpet glue down and carefully press your cut fibers into it. Press firmly but be careful not to mat it down as you want the tops of the fibers to remain fluffy, not hardened by the glue.
- Allow the patch to dry. Once it has fully dried, shape the area until it looks even, trimming sides and top till it fits in with the rest of the carpet a much as possible.
If you are dealing with a larger burn, you will most likely need to call in an Amarillo quality carpet professional as it will require replacing an entire section in order to maintain the integrity of the quality carpet. Gowdy Flooring can fix and replace your quality carpet in Amarillo. When dealing with burn repairs on your carpeting, you need an expert who can help you take care of your carpet and keep it looking great year after year.