So where do you go for natural stone flooring for your home? Gowdy Flooring is your best choice. We have a showroom in Amarillo, TX, where you will meet our friendly expert staff. We can help you answer all of the pertinent questions about a natural stone flooring installation, such as: Which type of flooring is right for your home?
- Non-vitreous stone, it absorbs the most moisture of all of the stone types so it probably wouldn't be recommended for bathrooms or kitchens
- Semi Vitreous stone, while not as absorbent as non-vitreous stone it still requires a greater maintenance level because it is exposed to higher liquid levels.
- Vitreous stone, this is the “normal” absorption level for stone and is used mostly for average to middle of the road traffic areas.
- Impervious Stone, these materials are totally water resistant and are used in commercial applications, that stone floor you crossed in the hotel lobby was more than likely impervious stone.
- Some stone flooring, like marble, is easily scratched while others are brittle and can crack if heavy objects are dropped on them.
We can also make sure your natural stone flooring is installed to the manufacturers’ specifications with the highest quality craftsmanship. We have the knowledge you need to make the right decisions about your stone floors. Your satisfaction with us is a priority, and we strive to make your project reach its full potential for beauty and durability while maintaining your budget and personal style.